Do you want to enjoy all the presentations from last month’s Open for Play seminar – on designing for play in playgrounds, streets and public spaces – from the comfort of your own office (or living room, studio, or bedroom)? Well, here is your chance. The full programme of formal presentations is now available to view online in glorious video and audio.
About Rethinking ChildhoodThis website is managed by Tim Gill. Tim is interested in the changing nature of childhood. His work - which embraces writing, independent research, consultancy and public speaking - aims to have a positive impact on children's everyday lives.
Search this website
- Antwerp’s Play Space Web: smart, child-friendly neighbourhood planning in action
- Studying child-friendly cities, Northern European style
- Snow 1, Snapchat 0 – and why this result matters
- New Arup report places children at the heart of urban planning
- The London Plan is just the start | Child in the City
- Reflections on the Natural Phenomena conference
- Is Calgary ready for child-friendly urban planning?
- Could street play hold the key to creating more sustainable, livable cities?
Browse by category
Browse by tagsadventure Adventure playground ASTM Australia campaign Canada car dependence child-friendly cities child-friendly urban planning child accidents child development childhood children's independent mobility children's moral development child safety community crime deep play design early years EC1 education evidence Forest school freedom free range kids Funding health Health and Safety Executive hide and seek HSE London media Media coverage mobility National Trust nature nature deficit disorder nature play neighbourhood outdoor education outdoor learning outdoor play parenting planning policy play playable space Play England playground playground safety playing out Play Safety Forum play space playwork policy public policy public space research responsibility Risk risk assessment risk benefit assessment road closure schools skateboarding standards street play streets transport urban design urbanism Urban planning USA video Walthamstow
- Compelling, alarming piece on the likely future of cities around the world. ow.ly/AmvO30j2Xq1 1 day ago
- Looks like they know what they're doing... twitter.com/DadAndTwo/stat… 2 days ago
- This from @kaboom is full of ideas for #playfulcities #urbanchildhoods - and hardly a playground in sight.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- "No amount of bubble wrap can cushion the fact that the world is perilous" - @tombennett71 . That @nytimes piece ma… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- twitter.com/NaturalFoundat… 5 days ago
- 749,113 page views since July '11