My plan to showcase some of London’s most playful places has been in the pipeline for a while. And now it’s around the corner. For all the latest info, follow this link to the mighty Playscapes blog – including handy onward links to the Open House website, with more details and maps for all the venues.
About Rethinking Childhood
This website is managed by Tim Gill, an independent scholar and global advocate for children’s play and mobility. His work embraces writing, research, consultancy and public speaking.
Search this website
- Missed the launch events for ‘Urban Playground’? Watch again and read more here
- Announcing 2 launch events for ‘Urban Playground’
- A reminder of the significance of play in lockdown
- My new book ‘Urban Playground’: Sneak peek and seasonal discounted price
- A vibrant young city is building better neighbourhoods for early childhood. Can it sustain and broaden its impact?
- Covid-19 and children: what does the science tell us, and what does this mean as the lockdown is eased?
- Academics highlight children’s need for street play during lockdown
- UK Government action on children’s play during the coronavirus crisis
- RT @StephDujarric: @BrooklynSpoke Paris mayor @Anne_Hidalgo barred cars from almost every street that has a school. https://t.co/mQXdGy6uEb 3 hours ago
- RT @apsmunro: Quick thread on Omicron and children from the UK Lot's of mixed messages out there and no time for a deep dive, but the pict… 5 days ago
- Looking forward to speaking at this @PHNetworkCymru webinar on urban planning, design and health, alongside… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- I really enjoyed doing this podcast interview with the good people at @thisissour Taking my latest book as a starti… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- RT @PlymEarth: If you missed @ProfAAnderson at #COP26 sharing her research on young people's response to the #ClimateEmergency, join @futur… 6 days ago
Browse by category
Browse by tagsadventure Adventure playground ASTM Australia Bernard van Leer Foundation campaign Canada car dependence child-friendly cities child-friendly urban planning child development childhood children's independent mobility children's moral development child safety community deep play design early childhood early years education evidence Forest school freedom free range kids Freiburg Funding health Health and Safety Executive HSE London media Media coverage mobility National Trust nature nature deficit disorder nature play neighbourhood Netherlands outdoor education outdoor learning outdoor play parenting planning policy play Play England playground playground safety playing out Play Safety Forum play space playwork policy public health public policy public space research Risk risk assessment risk benefit assessment road closure Rotterdam schools standards street play streets transport urban design urbanism Urban planning USA video Walthamstow Winston Churchill Memorial Trust
- 1,033,080 page views since July '11