This post is an invitation to join me – and some kindred spirits – in September, for London’s first ever ‘Open for Play’ event. The programme includes site visits to some of the capital’s most innovative playgrounds, a walking tour of the acclaimed EC1 regeneration area, and an evening seminar.
About Rethinking ChildhoodThis website is managed by Tim Gill. Tim is interested in the changing nature of childhood. His work - which embraces writing, independent research, consultancy and public speaking - aims to have a positive impact on children's everyday lives.
Search this website
- Is child-friendly planning a luxury that only rich cities can afford?
- The Chinese educational revolution with outdoor play as its beating heart
- A tribute to Frank Dobson
- Putting children at the heart of urban planning: a call for action
- Why one city is undergoing a child-friendly revolution
- How to build cities fit for children
- Risk, fear and freedom: a plea to parents
- An interview with… Tim Gill
Browse by category
Browse by tagsadventure Adventure playground ASTM Australia campaign Canada car dependence child-friendly cities child-friendly urban planning child development childhood children's independent mobility children's moral development child safety community deep play design early childhood early years education evidence Forest school freedom free range kids Freiburg Funding health Health and Safety Executive HSE London media Media coverage mobility National Trust nature nature deficit disorder nature play neighbourhood Netherlands outdoor education outdoor learning outdoor play parenting planning policy play Play England playground playground safety playing out Play Safety Forum play space playwork policy public health public policy public space research responsibility Risk risk assessment risk benefit assessment road closure Rotterdam schools standards street play streets transport urban design urbanism Urban planning USA video Walthamstow Winston Churchill Memorial Trust
- RT @apoliticalco: For those who weren’t able to join live, you can still read through the insights by searching #Urban95chat, and feel free… 14 hours ago
- RT @LDupont4Poco: @timrgill @apoliticalco Love this thread! 14 hours ago
- RT @CecyVacaJones: @apoliticalco (A6)We’re excited about all our Urban95 cities: Tirana, Tel Aviv, Recife, Boa Vista, Lima, Bogota, Bhubane… 14 hours ago
- Heads up for #urbanchildhoods #childfriendlycities peeps twitter.com/urban95cm/stat… 16 hours ago
- Digging into Barcelona's 2019 Plan for Play. So impressive: thorough, well-researched, ambitious, and costed (with… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 19 hours ago
- 885,747 page views since July '11