First, I would like to thank everyone who has responded so far to my appeal last month for evidence to build the policy case for play. The material I have received has almost without exception fitted my brief. But there are gaps, so I am putting out one last call for help.
About Rethinking Childhood
This website is managed by Tim Gill, an independent scholar and global advocate for children’s play and mobility. His work embraces writing, research, consultancy and public speaking.
Join 1,376 other followers
Search this website
- Missed the launch events for ‘Urban Playground’? Watch again and read more here
- Announcing 2 launch events for ‘Urban Playground’
- A reminder of the significance of play in lockdown
- My new book ‘Urban Playground’: Sneak peek and seasonal discounted price
- A vibrant young city is building better neighbourhoods for early childhood. Can it sustain and broaden its impact?
- Covid-19 and children: what does the science tell us, and what does this mean as the lockdown is eased?
- Academics highlight children’s need for street play during lockdown
- UK Government action on children’s play during the coronavirus crisis
- RT @NaturePremium1: The Nature Premium idea is simple. Get children outside because the benefits are scientifically proven. The complexity… 1 day ago
- "#LTNs have the potential to substantially reduce air pollution and traffic in target areas, without increasing air… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @adamtranter: It was brilliant to show @Chris_Boardman from @activetraveleng around the West Midlands last week. “This isn’t about cycl… 2 days ago
- This 👇is the kind of #childhealth fact that stops you in your tracks. twitter.com/juliathrift/st… 2 days ago
- RT @IPAGlasgow2023: We're delighted to announce Scottish clinical psychologist Dr Adam Burley is joining our keynote speaker line up at #ip… 2 days ago
Browse by category
Browse by tagsadventure Adventure playground ASTM Australia Bernard van Leer Foundation campaign Canada car dependence child-friendly cities child-friendly urban planning child development childhood children's independent mobility children's moral development child safety community deep play design early childhood early years education evidence Forest school freedom free range kids Freiburg Funding health Health and Safety Executive HSE London media Media coverage mobility National Trust nature nature deficit disorder nature play neighbourhood Netherlands outdoor education outdoor learning outdoor play parenting planning policy play Play England playground playground safety playing out Play Safety Forum play space playwork policy public health public policy public space research Risk risk assessment risk benefit assessment road closure Rotterdam schools standards street play streets transport urban design urbanism Urban planning USA video Walthamstow Winston Churchill Memorial Trust
- 1,073,845 page views since July '11