I am very pleased to announce not one but two online events on Weds 24 and Thurs 25 Feb 2021 to mark the publication of my book Urban Playground: How child-friendly planning and design can save cities. Each webinar features lively formats and diverse sets of expert participants, and both are free and open to anyone who signs up.Continue reading
About Rethinking Childhood
This website is managed by Tim Gill, an independent scholar and global advocate for children’s play and mobility. His work embraces writing, research, consultancy and public speaking.
Join 1,385 other subscribers
Search this website
- Missed the launch events for ‘Urban Playground’? Watch again and read more here
- Announcing 2 launch events for ‘Urban Playground’
- A reminder of the significance of play in lockdown
- My new book ‘Urban Playground’: Sneak peek and seasonal discounted price
- A vibrant young city is building better neighbourhoods for early childhood. Can it sustain and broaden its impact?
- Covid-19 and children: what does the science tell us, and what does this mean as the lockdown is eased?
- Academics highlight children’s need for street play during lockdown
- UK Government action on children’s play during the coronavirus crisis
Tim’s twitter feedTweets by timrgill
Browse by category
Browse by tagsadventure Adventure playground ASTM Australia Bernard van Leer Foundation campaign Canada car dependence child-friendly cities child-friendly urban planning child development childhood children's independent mobility children's moral development child safety community deep play design early childhood early years education evidence Forest school freedom free range kids Freiburg Funding health Health and Safety Executive HSE London media Media coverage mobility National Trust nature nature deficit disorder nature play neighbourhood Netherlands outdoor education outdoor learning outdoor play parenting planning policy play Play England playground playground safety playing out Play Safety Forum play space playwork policy public health public policy public space research Risk risk assessment risk benefit assessment road closure Rotterdam schools standards street play streets transport urban design urbanism Urban planning USA video Walthamstow Winston Churchill Memorial Trust
- 1,093,750 page views since July '11