This post invites you to help one of the leading play agencies in the UK and around the world. Play Wales was recently told that the Welsh Government would not continue funding the organisation. Last week Play Wales asked supporters to sign a petition calling on this decision to be reversed.
About Rethinking Childhood
This website is managed by Tim Gill, an independent scholar and global advocate for children’s play and mobility. His work embraces writing, research, consultancy and public speaking.
Search this website
- Missed the launch events for ‘Urban Playground’? Watch again and read more here
- Announcing 2 launch events for ‘Urban Playground’
- A reminder of the significance of play in lockdown
- My new book ‘Urban Playground’: Sneak peek and seasonal discounted price
- A vibrant young city is building better neighbourhoods for early childhood. Can it sustain and broaden its impact?
- Covid-19 and children: what does the science tell us, and what does this mean as the lockdown is eased?
- Academics highlight children’s need for street play during lockdown
- UK Government action on children’s play during the coronavirus crisis
- I'm thinking a lot about the place of children in debates about our response to #climatechange. This tweet and thre… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Clear, concise summary of an excellent study on gender and #outdoorplay by @Gerbenhelleman - thanks! twitter.com/thiscitylifeyv… 1 week ago
- RT @FACEclimate: We've been collecting messages from kids to their local Council @Bathnes this #CleanAirDay, seeing as they don't have much… 1 week ago
- #landscapearchitecture types: looking for a case study of the revamp of a community-led playable public space? Mark… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @RSADesignAwards: The winners for Press play with @LEGO_Group and @LEGOfoundation responded to the brief: How might we support all fa… 1 week ago
Browse by category
Browse by tagsadventure Adventure playground ASTM Australia Bernard van Leer Foundation campaign Canada car dependence child-friendly cities child-friendly urban planning child development childhood children's independent mobility children's moral development child safety community deep play design early childhood early years education evidence Forest school freedom free range kids Freiburg Funding health Health and Safety Executive HSE London media Media coverage mobility National Trust nature nature deficit disorder nature play neighbourhood Netherlands outdoor education outdoor learning outdoor play parenting planning policy play Play England playground playground safety playing out Play Safety Forum play space playwork policy public health public policy public space research Risk risk assessment risk benefit assessment road closure Rotterdam schools standards street play streets transport urban design urbanism Urban planning USA video Walthamstow Winston Churchill Memorial Trust
- 1,056,917 page views since July '11