Good news from Wales: following an international campaign, the Welsh Government has decided to continue to provide funding for Play Wales. This reprieve, three months after the Welsh Government’s original decision, means that the charity can continue to promote children’s right to play, within and beyond Wales.
About Rethinking ChildhoodThis website is managed by Tim Gill. Tim is interested in the changing nature of childhood. His work - which embraces writing, independent research, consultancy and public speaking - aims to have a positive impact on children's everyday lives.
Search this website
- A vibrant young city is building better neighbourhoods for early childhood. Can it sustain and broaden its impact?
- Covid-19 and children: what does the science tell us, and what does this mean as the lockdown is eased?
- Academics highlight children’s need for street play during lockdown
- UK Government action on children’s play during the coronavirus crisis
- Play in the time of coronavirus
- An immodest proposal for Jeff Bezos’s Earth Fund
- Is child-friendly planning a luxury that only rich cities can afford?
- The Chinese educational revolution with outdoor play as its beating heart
Browse by category
Browse by tagsadventure Adventure playground ASTM Australia Bernard van Leer Foundation campaign Canada car dependence child-friendly cities child-friendly urban planning child development childhood children's independent mobility children's moral development child safety community deep play design early childhood early years education evidence Forest school freedom free range kids Freiburg Funding health Health and Safety Executive HSE London media Media coverage mobility National Trust nature nature deficit disorder nature play neighbourhood Netherlands outdoor education outdoor learning outdoor play parenting planning policy play Play England playground playground safety playing out Play Safety Forum play space playwork policy public health public policy public space research Risk risk assessment risk benefit assessment road closure Rotterdam schools standards street play streets transport urban design urbanism Urban planning USA video Walthamstow Winston Churchill Memorial Trust
- Guess what? You can buy a hard copy of @NataliaK_au's excellent (and elegantly designed) report on #childfriendly h… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 20 minutes ago
- This graph 👇 shows how much 1) COVID *is* just like the flu for kids 2) COVID is *anything but* just like the flu f… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- I’m also interested in this question 👇. Any comment @playingout? twitter.com/nicread/status… 3 hours ago
- Good to see @ChildrensComm standing up for #outdoorplay. The callous treatment of children and families in parks an… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- Things kicking off in #Eppingforest. https://t.co/KX0bqSSrSJ 6 hours ago
- 947,816 page views since July '11