How could I not share this? Everyday adventures on a New York City playground, as viewed from about 3 feet up. Recorded by a five-year-old girl. Continue reading
About Rethinking Childhood
This website is managed by Tim Gill, an independent scholar and global advocate for children’s play and mobility. His work embraces writing, research, consultancy and public speaking.
Join 1,376 other followers
Search this website
- Missed the launch events for ‘Urban Playground’? Watch again and read more here
- Announcing 2 launch events for ‘Urban Playground’
- A reminder of the significance of play in lockdown
- My new book ‘Urban Playground’: Sneak peek and seasonal discounted price
- A vibrant young city is building better neighbourhoods for early childhood. Can it sustain and broaden its impact?
- Covid-19 and children: what does the science tell us, and what does this mean as the lockdown is eased?
- Academics highlight children’s need for street play during lockdown
- UK Government action on children’s play during the coronavirus crisis
- RT @MineEYMind: GOOD NEWS! Those of you who wanted to be updated about my complaint to the DfE concerning their training, which recommende… 13 hours ago
- RT @carlafrancome: This is an excellent piece by Professor @scarlettmcnally in the British Medical Journal … How do we make roads safer?… 2 days ago
- RT @cities_clean: OK, here's the plan…. We are at almost 3K followers right now & we want to reach 10k by this time next year 🤘 We're b… 2 days ago
- "I do not say that I am a bus-ist: I am not identified by the mode of transport that I take." A great way to highli… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Irresistible👇 twitter.com/williamdoyleny… 4 days ago
Browse by category
Browse by tagsadventure Adventure playground ASTM Australia Bernard van Leer Foundation campaign Canada car dependence child-friendly cities child-friendly urban planning child development childhood children's independent mobility children's moral development child safety community deep play design early childhood early years education evidence Forest school freedom free range kids Freiburg Funding health Health and Safety Executive HSE London media Media coverage mobility National Trust nature nature deficit disorder nature play neighbourhood Netherlands outdoor education outdoor learning outdoor play parenting planning policy play Play England playground playground safety playing out Play Safety Forum play space playwork policy public health public policy public space research Risk risk assessment risk benefit assessment road closure Rotterdam schools standards street play streets transport urban design urbanism Urban planning USA video Walthamstow Winston Churchill Memorial Trust
- 1,075,076 page views since July '11