About Rethinking ChildhoodThis website is managed by Tim Gill. Tim is interested in the changing nature of childhood. His work - which embraces writing, independent research, consultancy and public speaking - aims to have a positive impact on children's everyday lives.
Search this website
- An interview with… Tim Gill
- Leading NGO calls for new thinking on play safety around the world
- How a focus on child-friendliness revived one city’s fortunes
- What is more dangerous, an adventure playground or a conventional playground?
- Last kindergarten in the woods?
- The city that got serious about child-friendly urban planning
- Antwerp’s Play Space Web: smart, child-friendly neighbourhood planning in action
- Studying child-friendly cities, Northern European style
Browse by category
Browse by tagsadventure Adventure playground ASTM Australia campaign Canada car dependence child-friendly cities child-friendly urban planning child development childhood children's independent mobility children's moral development child safety community crime deep play design early childhood early years education evidence Forest school freedom free range kids Funding health Health and Safety Executive HSE London media Media coverage mobility National Trust nature nature deficit disorder nature play neighbourhood Netherlands outdoor education outdoor learning outdoor play parenting planning policy play Play England playground playground safety playing out Play Safety Forum play space playwork policy public health public policy public space research responsibility Risk risk assessment risk benefit assessment road closure Rotterdam schools standards street play streets transport urban design urbanism Urban planning USA video Walthamstow Winston Churchill Memorial Trust
- #riskyplay @PEDALCam debate online w @kathrynlester1 @hackneyplay @mitchskills @DrJennyG and me (at 45:00). Good st… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 14 hours ago
- New @UNICEF guide to #childfriendlycities joins dots between rights, policy and practice. ow.ly/C9XS30mB93W #urbanchildhoods 18 hours ago
- RT @museumofwalking: @lottiechild @talkwalk10 @RethinkCities @timrgill #walkingwomen @metpoliceuk @ClareQualmann @AmySharrocks https://t.co… 1 day ago
- Good - @sustrans see children an indicator species for its #nationalcyclenetwork. Tho why 12 not 8? ow.ly/WbDc30mAifM 1 day ago
- RT @catherine_max: Proud to be part of team for one of shortlisted projects. Learned loads from play guru @timrgill and the good folk at Ch… 6 days ago
- 800,014 page views since July '11