I’m devoting my 100th blog post to a look back over the previous 99, and over the 20 months or so since my first post. It is a chance for me to think about the process of blogging – and an invitation to you to check out some material that you may have missed.
About Rethinking ChildhoodThis website is managed by Tim Gill. Tim is interested in the changing nature of childhood. His work - which embraces writing, independent research, consultancy and public speaking - aims to have a positive impact on children's everyday lives.
Search this website
- Missed the launch events for ‘Urban Playground’? Watch again and read more here
- Announcing 2 launch events for ‘Urban Playground’
- A reminder of the significance of play in lockdown
- My new book ‘Urban Playground’: Sneak peek and seasonal discounted price
- A vibrant young city is building better neighbourhoods for early childhood. Can it sustain and broaden its impact?
- Covid-19 and children: what does the science tell us, and what does this mean as the lockdown is eased?
- Academics highlight children’s need for street play during lockdown
- UK Government action on children’s play during the coronavirus crisis
Browse by category
Browse by tagsadventure Adventure playground ASTM Australia Bernard van Leer Foundation campaign Canada car dependence child-friendly cities child-friendly urban planning child development childhood children's independent mobility children's moral development child safety community deep play design early childhood early years education evidence Forest school freedom free range kids Freiburg Funding health Health and Safety Executive HSE London media Media coverage mobility National Trust nature nature deficit disorder nature play neighbourhood Netherlands outdoor education outdoor learning outdoor play parenting planning policy play Play England playground playground safety playing out Play Safety Forum play space playwork policy public health public policy public space research Risk risk assessment risk benefit assessment road closure Rotterdam schools standards street play streets transport urban design urbanism Urban planning USA video Walthamstow Winston Churchill Memorial Trust
- Shout out to some inspirational women who are leading and shaping the growing call for more #childfriendlycities:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 37 minutes ago
- RT @OutdoorPlayMayo: Places are going fast for our upcoming conference 'Leave no Stone Unskipped' - a forum where educators, parents, stude… 3 hours ago
- Missed the launch events for my new book? Want to watch again? Here is where to head. And thanks to @udlondon and… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago
- Children are not all the same. Lockdown has had a massive effect on their lives - but in different and contrasting… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 hours ago
- Good to see @WeAreCyclingUK supporting this legal case against a council that took down a segregated cycle lane des… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 hours ago
- 977,997 page views since July '11