Apologies, but no results were found for the requested archive. Perhaps searching will help find a related post.
About Rethinking ChildhoodThis website is managed by Tim Gill. Tim is interested in the changing nature of childhood. His work - which embraces writing, independent research, consultancy and public speaking - aims to have a positive impact on children's everyday lives.
Search this website
- Is Calgary ready for child-friendly urban planning?
- Could street play hold the key to creating more sustainable, livable cities?
- The child as an indicator species for cities: reflections on Philadelphia
- Designing Streets for Play – Research and Observation – Playing Out
- Join in a global day to change the way children learn and play
- A rare glimpse into a messy oasis of adventure play
- BBC news story flagrantly manipulates statistics on school accident claims
- Announcing a new project to build the case for more child-friendly cities
Browse by category
Browse by tagsadventure Adventure playground ASTM Australia bullying campaign Canada car dependence child-friendly cities child accidents child development childhood children's independent mobility children's moral development child safety community crime deep play design early years EC1 education evidence exploration Forest school freedom free range kids Funding health Health and Safety Executive hide and seek HSE London media Media coverage mobility National Trust nature nature deficit disorder nature play neighbourhood outdoor education outdoor learning outdoor play parenting planning policy play playable space Play England playground playground safety playing out Play Safety Forum play space playwork policy public policy public space research responsibility Risk risk assessment risk benefit assessment road closure schools skateboarding standards street play streets transport urban design urbanism USA video Walthamstow
- RT @playingoutCIC: @Penalosa_G Edgar Villarreal urban (13) urban planner #CFCBristol #futurecity17 https://t.co/a81VyrhpI6 1 day ago
- “Walking, biking are the only individual modes of mobility available to children: shd be a human right.” @Penalosa_G #CFCBristol 1 day ago
- “Creating a #childfriendlycity is about learning how to live.” @Penalosa_G At #CFCBristol #futurecity17 1 day ago
- The @880CitiesOrg ethos in 1 slide from @Penalosa_G https://t.co/PAi7oTdfyW 1 day ago
- “1 sq m of play space nearby is better than 10 sq m far away.” Allison Dutoit quoting Jan Gehl #CFCBristol 1 day ago
- 716,794 page views since July '11