Today a call goes out to all UK political parties to invest in children’s play because of the proven benefits to children, families and communities. The call comes from the Children’s Play Policy Forum (CPPF), which brings together the leading UK agencies with an interest in play.
About Rethinking ChildhoodThis website is managed by Tim Gill. Tim is interested in the changing nature of childhood. His work - which embraces writing, independent research, consultancy and public speaking - aims to have a positive impact on children's everyday lives.
Search this website
Browse by category
Browse by tagsadventure Adventure playground Australia bullying campaign car dependence child-friendly cities child death child development childhood child murder children's moral development child safety community crime deep play design early years EC1 education everyday adventure evidence exploration Forest school freedom free range kids Funding Greater London Authority health Health and Safety Executive hide and seek HSE learning London media Media coverage mobility National Trust nature nature deficit disorder nature play neighbourhood outdoor education outdoor play parenting planning policy play playable space Play England playground playground safety playing out Play Safety Forum play space playwork policy public policy public space research responsibility Risk risk assessment risk benefit assessment road closure schools skateboarding street play streets tragedy transport urban design urbanism USA video Walthamstow
- Tame playgrounds aren’t moving children, expert says. That's @mbrussoni, by the way. ow.ly/L5x1A 8 hours ago
- Leading injury prevention experts call for halt in playground safety proposals. ow.ly/L4eQd @BCIRPU @mbrussoni 15 hours ago
- RT @WildAboutVan: Forest of Dean Wilderness Centre to reopen ow.ly/KKvYX #getoutsdie #outdoorlearning @timrgill 1 day ago
- RT @NSDRCcbsProg: "The Power of PLAY" with @timrgill May 4 @Centennial_Thtr $5.00 Register @NorthVanRC 604-987-7529 1 day ago
- Good to hear RT @SomervilleSE14: Somerville Adventure now on Twitter. Remember visiting us Tim? We have a brand new building on its way 1 day ago
- 459,839 page views since July '11