Today – the 27th annual Playday – sees the publication of my evidence review, entitled The Play Return: A review of the wider impact of play initiatives. As reported on the BBC website this morning, the report summarises the measurable impact of initiatives to improve play opportunities.
About Rethinking ChildhoodThis website is managed by Tim Gill. Tim is interested in the changing nature of childhood. His work - which embraces writing, independent research, consultancy and public speaking - aims to have a positive impact on children's everyday lives.
Search this website
- Playground safety: troubling new move from ASTM
- Seeking stories of the Kidzfield at Glastonbury
- Is North America on the brink of a play renaissance?
- ASTM playground safety proposal defeated – but it could yet return
- How many Canadian children die in playground accidents? An open question to Rolf Huber
- Talks and workshops in Canada next month
- Dear politicians, playing children bring communities together – but they need you to protect their space
- Leading injury prevention experts call for halt in playground safety proposals
Browse by category
Browse by tagsadventure Adventure playground ASTM Australia bullying campaign Canada car dependence child-friendly cities child death child development childhood children's independent mobility children's moral development child safety community crime deep play design early years EC1 education everyday adventure evidence exploration Forest school freedom free range kids health Health and Safety Executive hide and seek HSE learning London media Media coverage mobility National Trust nature nature deficit disorder nature play neighbourhood outdoor education outdoor play parenting planning policy play playable space Play England playground playground safety playing out Play Safety Forum play space playwork policy public policy public space research responsibility Risk risk assessment risk benefit assessment road closure schools skateboarding standards street play streets transport urban design urbanism USA video Walthamstow
- #Poohsticks hazard alert. Thank you @dcms. ow.ly/Rup9O 22 hours ago
- RT @NatureplayFilm: @timrgill Help make it happen for NaturePlay FILM on @indiegogo igg.me/p/1324243/twtr… 1 day ago
- RT @SteppingUpHFX: We want your ideas! Bucket list of outdoor fun for kids under 12. What would you add? ow.ly/RojDp @timrgill 1 day ago
- Designed by a teenager. Non-compliant with @ASTMintl standards (probably). And a lot of fun. ow.ly/RrW0b via @citylab 1 day ago
- Playground safety: troubling new move from @ASTMIntl. ow.ly/Rkrv8 3 days ago
- 504,648 page views since July '11