This image is from an exhibition of photographs taken by children who attend C & K Kindergartens. It was on display at C & K’s annual conference in Brisbane last weekend. Here is what first Jake, then his parent, say about the photo.
About Rethinking ChildhoodThis website is managed by Tim Gill. Tim is interested in the changing nature of childhood. His work - which embraces writing, independent research, consultancy and public speaking - aims to have a positive impact on children's everyday lives.
Search this website
- Playful urban spaces: a lesson from Bilbao
- Aussies push to expand the horizons of childhood
- My new report ‘The Play Return’ makes a powerful case to policy makers
- Crowdfunded campaign aims to give every child access to forest schools
- Play Wales has led the way in championing play – now it needs your help
- Evidence is vital in making the case for play
- Hurt, blame, stupidity: when being a free-range parent does not go to plan
- Could this be the most play-literate PR video ever?
Browse by category
Browse by tagsadventure Adventure playground Australia bullying campaign car dependence child-friendly cities child accidents child death child development childhood child murder children's moral development child safety community crime deep play design early years EC1 education everyday adventure evidence exploration Forest school freedom free range kids Greater London Authority health Health and Safety Executive hide and seek HSE learning London London Sustainable Development Commission media Media coverage mobility National Trust nature nature deficit disorder nature play neighbourhood outdoor education outdoor play parenting planning policy play playable space Play England playground playing out Play Safety Forum play space playwork policy public policy public space research responsibility Risk risk assessment risk benefit assessment road closure schools skateboarding streets tragedy transport urban design urbanism USA video Walthamstow youth crime
- RT @LeedsBeckettHR: Senior Lecturer in Therapeutic Play advert is now on our website here vacancies.leedsmet.ac.uk/trenprod_webre… @Prof_IeuanEllis 18 minutes ago
- Playful urban spaces: a lesson from Bilbao. ow.ly/C93tT @publica_office 3 hours ago
- Jan Kampmann talks of adults “looking over the shoulders” of children playing. An interesting metaphor. #citc14 1 day ago
- Jan Kampmann #citc14: “play is a room in which children can have many different types of experiences” 1 day ago
- Jan Kampmann #citc14: “we are talking more about play - but only linked to a certain type of learning.” 1 day ago
- 398,854 page views since July '11