In this weekend’s Guardian, columnist Tim Lott writes about how his seven-year-old daughter ended up in hospital with a nasty injury after a cycling accident that was entirely his fault. He had been giving her a lift on the back of his bike, and her foot got horribly caught up in the wheel.
About Rethinking ChildhoodThis website is managed by Tim Gill. Tim is interested in the changing nature of childhood. His work - which embraces writing, independent research, consultancy and public speaking - aims to have a positive impact on children's everyday lives.
Search this website
Browse by category
Browse by tagsadventure Adventure playground ASTM Australia bullying campaign Canada car dependence child-friendly cities child death child development childhood children's independent mobility children's moral development child safety community crime deep play design early years EC1 education everyday adventure evidence exploration Forest school freedom free range kids Greater London Authority health Health and Safety Executive hide and seek HSE learning London media Media coverage mobility National Trust nature nature deficit disorder nature play neighbourhood outdoor education outdoor play parenting planning policy play playable space Play England playground playground safety playing out Play Safety Forum play space playwork policy public policy public space research responsibility Risk risk assessment risk benefit assessment road closure schools skateboarding street play streets transport urban design urbanism USA video Walthamstow
- See Project Wild Thing on Playday. 20 screenings, from Newquay to N Shields. ow.ly/QjJnO 1 day ago
- RT @WildAboutVan: #getoutside #outdoorlearning #playoutdoors @RichLouv @timrgill twitter.com/FreeRangeKids/… 4 days ago
- RT @betterleeds: aaand the summer kicks off with a rainy afternoon in the woods :D http://t.co/llApABg9hc 4 days ago
- The new adventures of the adventure playground. Nice @spectator piece. ow.ly/Q79y9 5 days ago
- This opportunity from @designcouncil may be of interest to built environment professionals. ow.ly/Q2asT 1 week ago
- 499,217 page views since July '11